torstai 17. heinäkuuta 2008

Things moving on...

Today I finally gave my home to a real-estate agent to rent out. Also storage in Finland is sorted out. I started also getting rid of stuff that I decided not to need ever. All this is causing my head - or brain? - spinning so much that this very morning I woke up at 5 am. And could not go back to sleep again - nice summerholiday with early-early mornings!

Finished this morning the essay collection of Amartya Sen, a famous Indian scholar and economist, who has given me loads of valuable insight to India. I have done lots of reading on India because of my opinion it is important to do one's homework properly - this is part of wanting to show respect to the new country. India certainly is a land of thousand and one tales...

During my visit in Mumbai in March I visited Mani Bhava, the Gandhi house, which very much impressed me. In particular I liked how Mahatma Gandhi described the flag of India: "Saffron stands for courage and sacrifice, white for truth and peace, green for faith and strenght, the spinning feel representing the hope of the masses".

Ei kommentteja: