keskiviikko 3. syyskuuta 2008

Sleepless in Helsinki...

Yesterday I moved in a hotel in Helsinki. It was somehow weird to do that in one's own home town. When checking in, I realized that I do not actually have an address now. Felt like homeless for a while...
This morning I woke up at 4:45. The hour of the wolves, like they say. Too many things spinning in my head, lots of things to be completed before heading to the airport on Friday evening. Many people have asked me how does it feel now. I tell them that I do not really feel much; I am just doing things and facing the removal as it comes. Early Saturday morning the smell of Incredible India will embrace me at the Mumbai airport: I wonder what my feelings will then be. - Luckily I will be travelling from Helsinki with my colleague Rekha; will not feel so alone in the world=)

My lovely colleagues in Finland are preparing something for today. I agreed but told them not to make me cry. I will miss you, you wonderful people - ofcourse you will still be part of my Finpro family but yet... In the afternoon I will be hosting a big networking event for international women with my colleagues: looking very much forward to that. I believe in networks and the female networks are a great asset - not that it would be a protest against man power! I admire us women, we are often the everyday heroes; we make great professionals, good mothers and spouses and still have time for each other. - I personally hope to make friends with Indian women - that would be such an enrichening experience. I believe that at the end of the day we are all the same: when scratching the culturaly layers away, deep down we are all the same with our joys and sorrows, frustrations and fears, feelings of happiness and fullfilment.

- Kummallinen aamu... heräsin aivan liian varhain mutta niinhän näinä viikkoina on ollut normimeininki. Lähtö kummittelee vahvasti alitajunnassa. Minulta kysellään paljon miltä tuntuu. Jännittääkö. Pelottaako. En osaa vastata koska niin paljon tapahtuu ja niin paljon pitää vielä ehtiä. - Lauantaiaamuna Mumbain kentällä Intia ottaa kosteaan ihan omanhajuiseensa syleilyyn ja siitä se lähtee. Tuntuu varmaan oudolta lähteä Chennaissa kohti Besant Nagaria ja tajuta olevansa menossa "kotiin". The home is where the heart is - vanha klisee jonka merkitystä varmaan joudun pohtimaan. Missä minun sydänparkani lienee - monin säikein Suomessa kiinni mutta monilta osin ei-kenenkään-maalla. Uskon että kiinnikkeitä kasvaa Intiaankin. Millaisia, sitä en vielä tiedä.

Mieleeni tulee Liisa Luostarisen runo, jossa puhutaan lähtemisestä. Tarkkaan en tekstiä muista mutta siinä puhutaan kuinka asemilla näkee erilaisia ihmisiä. Onnellisten ympärillä väreilee tyyneys lähdön hetkellä. - En osaa arvellä mitä minun ympärilläni huomeniltana ulkomaan terminaalissa väreilee mutta minä lähden. Luottavaisena siitä, että loppujen lopuksi elämä pitää itsestään huolen.

Ei kommentteja: